This easy recipe for cauliflower fritters cooks up cauliflower into a crispy, cheesy delicious veggie side dish that the whole family will love! Get ready for them to ask for vegetable seconds.
So, one of the ways I get ideas for recipes is seeing what you, my wonderful readers, are currently loving on this here website. And currently you are loving my cheesy cauliflower casserole and my zucchini fritters recipes, and that made a recipe lightbulb idea go off in my head. It was saying, “exactly how long are you going to wait before you write a recipe for cauliflower fritters? Oh and by the way, make sure you add some cheese!”
Sometimes the recipe ideas in my head can be SO BOSSY. But it did make all kinds of sense, so I got me some cauliflower and some cheese and got to work, and voila! Easy, cheesy cauliflower fritters. Let’s make them!
As with the cheesy cauliflower casserole, you are going to chop the cauliflower into florets and cook it until it is tender, and then you are going to chop it up into little chunks. I like doing that in a few seconds in my handy dandy food processor, but you can do it with a plain old knife if you like.
This easy recipe for cauliflower fritters cooks up cauliflower into a crispy, cheesy delicious veggie side dish that the whole family will love!Then just mix it up with some egg and flour and cheese and salt and fry them up until they are golden and delicious.
You will then experience that rare but beautiful experience when your supper companions ask you for seconds. Of vegetables.
This easy recipe for cauliflower fritters cooks up cauliflower into a crispy, cheesy delicious veggie side dish that the whole family will love!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup regular or almond flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and simmer until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes. Chop or pulse in food processor into small chunks.
- Mix chopped cauliflower, egg, flour, cheese and salt together until well mixed. Scoop out fritter mixture in 1/4 cup amounts and add to skillet or griddle.
- Flatten gently into pancake shape and cook until golden brown on one side, about 4-5 minutes. Gently flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Remove and sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!