This easy recipe for mint chocolate chip hot cocoa floats takes all your favorite flavors of the holiday season and combines them into one mug full of deliciousness!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces of dark, semi-sweet and/or milk chocolate – your choice!
- 2 teaspoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat milk in small heavy saucepan over medium high heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla and chopped chocolate. Continue whisking until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and ladle into mugs or shot glasses, leaving about an inch of room at the top. Float a small scoop of ice cream on top.
You really can use any kind of chocolate you like in this recipe – dark chocolate, semi-sweet and milk chocolate all work equally well!