This delectable recipe for maple butterscotch macadamia blondies is a sweet alternative to the traditional brownie. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8 inch square baking pan with nonstick foil. You can also used regular foil sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Use enough foil so that it hangs over the outside of the pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and maple extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix slowly until combined. Stir in nuts and chips.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for one hour.
- Cool completely (I know! So hard!) and cut into small, small, small squares.