Tender beef meets Caesar salad in this easy, dramatic and elegant filet mignon carpaccio salad appetizer.
- 1 round 6 ounce beef filet mignon
- 4 eggs
- 12 small romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the filet length-wise into 4 rounds. Put each round in between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound until it is paper thin. Put each round on a separate plate and pop them in the fridge while you finish the rest of the recipe.
- Make dressing by putting the cheese, mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a jar and shaking vigorously. Set aside.
- Poach the eggs (here is my foolproof method!)
- Assemble as follows: Drizzle the beef rounds with a little dressing, top with lettuce leaves and capers, drizzle on a little more dressing. Top each plate with a poached egg and garnish with a little more parmesan. Serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!