This recipe for easy chocolate peanut butter truffles come together quickly with no baking needed! The perfect holiday gift from the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (I like the Ghiradelli brand!)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Chop the chocolate up (and if you are using mini-morsels you don’t even need to chop!) and put it in a microwave safe bowl with the butter. Microwave the mixture in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir until well mixed (this is easiest with a hand mixer). Add a cup of the confectioner’s sugar and mix until everything is smooth and well-combined.
- Put a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Using a teaspoon or a small melon baller, scoop out teaspoon-full scoops of the truffle mixture and put on the sheet. Don’t worry if they don’t look perfect – we are going to dust them with powdered sugar later and all will be well!
- Put the truffles in the freezer for about 15 minutes so they firm up. Sprinkle them with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
- If these all don’t get eaten right away (Ha!), store them in the fridge.
You can substitute in almond butter for peanut butter if you like!