This recipe for easy chicken liver pate is the perfect decadent holiday appetizer – rich, flavorful and just right for spreading on your favorite cracker.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, dried with a paper towel
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup sweet vermouth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Put butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and let butter melt fully. Add shallots and stir until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken livers and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip them over and add in the capers and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook until the liver is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Pour in the vermouth, turn up the heat and cook until the liquid is a little thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Take the mixture off the stove, let it cool a bit and then transfer to the food processor. Process until it is the consistency you like – anything from chopped to smooth! Remove and stir in the parsley, holding back a little for garnish. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with parsley and serve with crackers.