This easy recipe for cucumber wrap salad with bacon and blue cheese looks very fancy, but is a simple and elegant first course!
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (or use any other favorite nuts you like)
- 2 medium English cucumbers
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cooked thick-cut bacon slices, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salad dressing to taste (any sort of vinaigrette will work great)
- Place chopped pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Using a mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler (and being super careful because mandolines are sharp!), cut cucumbers lengthwise into very thin strips just until seeds are visible. Discard cucumber core. Shape largest cucumber slices into 4 (2 1/2- to 2 3/4-inch-wide) rings and secure with a toothpick.
- Stand rings upright on 4 serving plates. Fill each cucumber ring evenly with mixed greens, next 3 ingredients, and toasted pecans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle each salad with vinaigrette.