This easy recipe for creamy shrimp and veal pasta is the perfect dinner party main course. Just don’t tell your guests how simple it was to throw together – just stand back and let the compliments roll in!
- 8 ounces think pasta (linguine, spaghetti, etc)
- 4 boneless veal cutlets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 12 shrimp, peeled
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional!)
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the flour and the egg in separate shallow bowls. Dunk the veal in the flour, then the egg, then the flour again.
- Melt the butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Cook the veal for 90 seconds per side (veal cooks super quickly!) and set aside.
- Add the shrimp and the asparagus to the skillet and stir until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add the sherry and cream to the skillet along with a pinch each of salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Now put the pasta, shrimp and asparagus back in the skillet and toss until everything is coated. Add the veal and toss again.
- Divide among plates, garnish with thyme and serve at once.