This easy recipe for roasted vegetable egg salad is a hearty variation on this lunchtime favorite, adding warm and healthy roasted veggies!
- 2 cups carrots (either baby carrots or regular carrots sliced into rounds will work)
- 10 baby or fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 3–4 small beets, scrubbed and quartered
- 2–3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, poached or over easy
- Caesar salad dressing or 1/2 cup feta cheese (see note)
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce (optional)
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Toss carrots, potatoes and beets together with oil, thyme and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Spread in a single later on baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- If you are serving this on lettuce, divide it among two plates. Top with roasted veggies. Drizzle with salad dressing or sprinkle with feta and put a poached egg on each. Sprinkle with parsley if using.
- Break yolk and serve at once.
I’ve made this salad both with Caesar salad dressing and with crumbled feta, and I love both! The Caesar dressing is a stronger flavor, while the feta lets the egg act as the “dressing.” I highly recommend trying both!