This easy recipe for roasted butternut squash with feta is perfect for your Thanksgiving table, or any time you want a flavorful veggie for supper!
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios
- Your choice of fresh herbs or micro greens. Parsley, thyme and/or pea shoots are all wonderful!
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking dish with nonstick foil or a silicone mat.
- Put squash into a mixing bowl and add the olive oil along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer the squash to the baking dish in a single layer and roast until tender, about 45 minutes (check by piercing with a paring knife – it should go in easily).
- Transfer to a platter or serving bowl and drizzle on lemon juice and honey. Sprinkle on feta cheese and nuts, and garnish with greens. And you are ready to serve!
About that butternut squash. My local Wegmans always has peeled butternut chunks, so that’s what I go for. But if you want or need to peel your own butternut, click here for a super helpful tutorial from the always wonderful Gimme Some Oven!