This easy recipe for cinnamon sugar chocolate chip cookies adds some sweet spice to everyone’s favorite classic cookie. Perfect for the holidays!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate morsels
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 and line cookie sheets with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a mixer on medium high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Roll tablespoons of cookie dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake until set, about 13 minutes.Cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to rack.
- Bet you can’t eat just one!