The best bolognese sauces are slow-cooked, so go find that slow cooker I know you have! Here’s the recipe for the best slow cooker bolognese sauce ever.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 14 oz cans chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook beef in large skillet until browned.
- Drain and transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over your favorite pasta. Happy sigh.
This recipe works with all kinds of pasta! My favorites are wide pappardelle noodles, and good old fashioned spaghetti!