Take your chicken dinner to exotic places with this easy recipe for Mediterranean sheet pan chicken, full of herbs and spices and a little feta cheese! Once they get a forkful of this flavorful chicken, they will be saying “Winner, winner, chicken dinner”…and it cooks up all in one easy to clean up pan! Now THAT’S a winner!
I do love a good sheet pan chicken dinner! First of all, it is a great way to get a flavorful combination of chicken and veggies together in one easy to make supper. Second of all, because it is a sheet pan dinner there is exactly ONE pan to wash after supper is over. And while I am always happy to make my traditional sheet pan dinner of chicken with carrots and broccoli, sometimes I want to be a little more splashy, sheet pan chicken-wise.
So with that, I bring you this zingy recipe for Mediterranean sheet pan chicken. Ready to spice up your chicken dinner? Let’s make it!
You start by lining your sheet pan with foil. You don’t have to do this, but it will cut 99% of the time off of your clean-up, and who doesn’t want that? Next, we are going to make a glorious rub of all kinds of spices mixed with olive oil, and rub it all over your chicken.
Take your chicken dinner to exotic places with this easy recipe for Mediterranean sheet pan chicken, full of herbs and spices and a little feta cheese!And speaking of the chicken, you want bone-in chicken for this one. I like chicken breasts for this, but if you are a chicken thigh person that will work just fine too. Pop your chicken on the sheet pan along with some baby potatoes and sweet onion and lemon wedges and roast it all up until your kitchen smells like chicken dinner heaven.
Now all that’s left to do is scatter on some cherry tomatoes, a little chopped parsley, some capers (or olives, if you are an olive person. I am NOT an olive person) and my favorite part, a generous handful of crumbled feta cheese, and voila! A sheet pan dinner like you’ve never had one before.
In utterly unrelated news, the Southern daughter is off this weekend at her bachelorette party. HER. BACHELORETTE PARTY. How did this happen? Yesterday she looked like this.
And today…bachelorette party. The details of which I am hearing on a need-to-know basis. Whomever came up with the phrase “long days, short years?” You were 1000% right.
Thank you for bearing with me through this moment…meantime back at the chicken…what’s your favorite way to jazz up your chicken dinner? Tell me in the comments!Print
Take your chicken dinner to exotic places with this easy recipe for Mediterranean sheet pan chicken, full of herbs and spices and a little feta cheese!
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 3 cups baby potatoes, cut in half or quarters depending on size
- One sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (nonstick if you’ve got it).
- Combine cumin, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on the baking sheet and put the chicken breast on the sheet, spacing them out. Rub them all generously with the spice paste, keeping a couple of spoonfuls of the paste back.
- Stir the potatoes with the remaining spice paste and arrange them on the pan around the chicken. Add the sweet onion slices and the lemon wedges.
- Roast your sheet pan chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through (if you are using an oven thermometer to measure done-ness, which I love to do, the chicken should be 165 degrees)
- Sprinkle the tomatoes, capers, feta cheese and parsley over the chicken and veggies, drizzle on a little more olive oil and serve!
You can serve this one right out of the pan – just put it on a hot mat in the center of the table and let your lucky diners serve themselves!
Still Hungry? Click on the titles of these delicious recipes!
Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken and Potatoes from Nutmeg Nanny
Sheet Pan Chicken Fried Rice from The Food Charlatan
Sheet Pan Bacon and Eggs from Framed Cooks
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!