Up your breakfast game with this easy recipe for lemon avocado toast with poached egg, the perfect healthy combo of delicious flavors!
- 2 slices bread, lightly toasted
- 1 avocado, pit and peel removed
- Juice and zest from one small lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Mash the avocado with a fork or a potato masher until it is the consistency you like (I like mine with a few little chunks!) Drizzle on the lemon juice and mix together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Poach the eggs: bring a deep skillet or pot of water to a simmer, and slip in two eggs. Turn off the heat (yes, all the way off), cover the pot and let it sit for exactly 4 minutes. (See note for a step by step link to perfectly poaching an egg – it is SO easy!)
- While the eggs are poaching, slather the toast with the avocado mixture.
- When the eggs have sat for 4 minutes, scoop them out with a slotted spoon and lay them on top of the avocado toast. Sprinkle with lemon zest and sesame seeds and serve at once.
Click here for the easy (I promise!) way to perfectly poach an egg!)