This easy barbecue chicken salad recipe features the great flavors of grilled chicken with summer veggies and a tangy ranch dressing!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Marinate the chicken in the bbq sauce for an hour or as much as overnight.
- Heat the grilled to medium high and grill the chicken until done, about 4 minutes per side. Let the chicken sit until cool enough to handle and then shred.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl with the cherry tomatoes, corn, avocado and cheddar cheese and toss gently with clean hands. Add chicken and toss again. Add the ranch dressing and toss again.
- Divide among bowls, sprinkle with tortilla chips and serve!