- 8 ounces short pasta
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kernels from two ears of corn
- 2 tablepoons butter
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Chopped fresh basil and/or parsley
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before draining and set aside.
- Cook bacon in large deep skillet until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and put on paper towels to drain, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook over medium high heat until starting to soften, about five minutes.
- Add corn and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add pasta to skillet along with butter, Drizzle in enough of the pasta water to make a light sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Take off the heat and toss with the bacon. Divide among plates and top with a spoonful of ricotta and a scattering of herbs. Serve at once.