This easy salmon poke bowl recipe tells you all you need to know about how to make poke, the healthy and delicious traditional Hawaiian meal!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 pound sushi grade salmon
- 1 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and either spiraled or cut into small dice
- 1 scallion, chopped
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and zest and one tablespoon rice vinegar in a medium size mixing bowl. Cut the salmon into bite-sized chunks (discard any skin) and add to the bowl. Mix well, cover the bowl and let the salmon marinate in the fridge for at least one hour and up to 12.
- When you are ready to make the bowls, stir one teaspoon of rice vinegar into the cooked rice and divide the rice among two bowls or soup dishes. Scoop the salmon out of the marinade and divide between the two bowls. Do the same with the pineapple, cucumber and avocado.
- Sprinkle the bowls with the chopped scallion and sesame seeds, drizzle a little of the salmon marinade over the top and serve at once.