This easy recipe for lobster BLT sandwiches with brie cheese takes the classic lunchtime favorite to incredible new levels of flavor.
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 lobster, steamed, shelled and torn into pieces
- 2 slices sourdough or other country bread
- Olive oil
- 2–3 ounces brie or other soft cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 slices tomato (preferably local, or heirloom)
- Lemon peel and juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lay the bacon slices on a rimmed baking dish and cook until done to your liking, 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Brush bread slices with a little olive oil and toast until just golden.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: Generously spread bread with cheese and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Top with lettuce and tomato, then bacon and finally the lobster meat. Drizzle some lemon juice on top, and garnish with lemon peel and a little more thyme.
- Serve to your lucky diners – they will want a fork and knife to manage all this deliciousness!