This easy recipe for a farmer’s market omelet uses local summer corn, tomatoes and basil with cheddar cheese for a breakfast that is bursting with flavor!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off (see Note below)
- 20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk eggs and milk together and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add half the egg mixture and cook until eggs are almost set, pulling the sides of the egg mixture towards the middle to let all the liquid cook.
- Add half the cheese, corn and tomatoes to one half of the egg mixture. Run a spatula underneath the egg and slide it off onto a plate, folding the top half over the bottom to cover the cheese and veggies.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the second omelet.
- Sprinkle both with basil leaves and serve!
I make this with local corn that is super fresh and sweet so I just cut off the kernels and use it raw, but if you like your corn better cooked, just dug the kernels in some simmering water for about 2 minutes and you will be all set!