This recipe for easy steak and potato salad takes meat and potatoes into a lighter salad form! A sprinkle of blue cheese and some cheery cherry tomatoes round out this delicious supper.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, rinsed well and cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds good quality sirloin steak
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn into pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- Handful of fresh chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking dish with foil. Put the potatoes in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper and stir until they are well coated. Spread them in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix up the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and mustard in a mason jar (or any small container with a lid) and set aside.
- Heat the grill to high (or you can do this under the broiler if you are cooking inside) and cook the steak to your liking. We usually cook it for 4 minutes per side for medium rare, but see the notes for a handy grilling chart! Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes under foil before slicing it up.
- Pour any steak juices from slicing the steak into the mason jar with the other dressing ingredients and shake shake shake.
- Put the roasted potatoes, lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Taste and drizzle and toss until the salad has the amount of dressing you like.
- Divide salad among plates, top with sliced steak, sprinkle with blue cheese and chives and serve!