This easy recipe for cold sesame chicken noodles is the perfect one dish supper, with the perfect blend of peanut and sesame flavored sauce.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cups shredded cooked cold chicken
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Tabasco or other hot sauce (optional!)
- Cook linguine according to package directions, then drain under cold water until cool.
- While linguine is cooking, cut the cucumber up into small chunks or strips.
- Make sauce by combining sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce and vinegar. Whisk it together, thinning it with a little hot water if you need to.
- Place cooked pasta in a mixing bowl and add sauce. Toss (the easiest way to do this is with clean hands), and then add chicken, cucumber, scallions and pepper. Toss again.
- Divide among four plates, garnish with sesame seeds and pass the hot sauce so everyone can spice up their noodles (or not!)