This easy recipe for chicken bruschetta pasta takes a classic summer appetizer and turns it into supper! Welcome to your new favorite chicken pasta recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (see note)
- 8 ounces linguine
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Kernels from 4 ears of corn
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Marinate chicken in balsamic dressing for 4 hours or up to overnight. Discard marinade and grill until done, about 4 minutes per side over high heat. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before you drain the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add corn and stir for one more minute.
- Add pasta, tomatoes and remaining butter to the to the skillet and toss. Add cheese and enough pasta water to make a light sauce and top again.
- Divide pasta mixture among four plates, top with chicken and garnish with basil. Serve at once.
I used Rao’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, but you can also make your own – click here for my favorite version from Gimme Some Oven!