This easy recipe for a strawberry basil margarita puts some fun summer flavors into your favorite cocktail. Grab your cocktail shaker and say cheers!
- 3 ripe strawberries, stems trimmed and cut in quarters
- 2 sprigs basil
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup (see note below)
- Put strawberries, 1 sprig of basil, the lime juice and the simple syrup in a cocktail shaker or a jar with a large opening. Muddle (this means smoosh) the strawberries and the basil until they are broken up well. If you don’t have an official muddler, the back of a fork will do just fine.
- Add the tequila and some ice, put the lid on the shaker or your jar and shake shake shake. Shake one more time for good luck.
- Pour the contents into your favorite glass, garnish with that other basil sprig and say cheers!
If you don’t already know how to make simple syrup (it’s really simple! Ha!) click this link for my friend Ree’s super simple recipe.