- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped (use cherry tomatoes if the big ones aren’t in season)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped (I like Vidalias!)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Put water, salt and farro in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover the pot and simmer until the farro is tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, basil and chicken and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the vinegar, pepper and olive oil, add to the farro mixture and toss. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve.