This super simple recipe for open faced Caesar salad burgers takes two of your very favorites and combines them into one delicious supper!
Here I present to you another case of not leaving well enough alone, because you KNOW I can’t help taking perfectly good recipes and mashing them up together. And I have to say, it doesn’t always work, but when it does work.., well, yum! And that was happily the case with these Caesar salad burgers. Your classic hamburger, covered not in ketchup and pickles but with a generous topping of Caesar salad and parmesan cheese.
Ready to shake up your burger, Caesar salad-style? Let’s make it!
First the burger – a while back I did a couple of posts on tavern-style burgers (thick and juicy) and diner-style burgers (thinner with lots of nooks and crannies and my fave) and either of those will work great for this recipe. Just don’t add the cheese – you want a naked burger for this recipe.
This super simple recipe for open faced Caesar salad burgers takes two of your very favorites and combines them into one delicious supper! #recipeYou’ll also notice that I serve this up not on a classic burger roll, but on a slice of toast, and that’s for a couple of reasons. First, the toast plays the role of the croutons you find in Caesar salads – I slather it with my favorite Caesar salad dressing and pop the burger on top. Second, this is a fork and knife burger, because we are going to pile SO much delicous Caesar salad on top of it that it would be wonderfully impossible to pick it up and eat it.
All that’s left to do now is to chop up some romaine lettuce (so thankful romaine is safe to eat again!), toss it with more of that Caesar dressing, and pile it on top of the burger. Top it with some grated or shaved Parmesan cheese for the perfect salty garnish. I get my Parmesan straight from Italy because my wonderful friend Alessandra brings it back from me every time she visits her Italian grandmother – how lucky am I? It’s perfect on top of this Caesar salad burger.
If you are thinking these Caesar salad hijinks rings a bell, you are right – I got the idea from that time I did my own spin on steak Caesar salad. It’s that whole can’t leave well enough alone thing. Do you have a fun burger variation of your own? Tell me in the comments!Print
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Your favorite Caesar salad dressing
- 4 slices country style bread
- Grated or shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- Form ground beef into patties and cook or grill them until they are done the way you like them. Cover them with foil and set aside.
- Toast the bread until golden and set aside.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing until dressed the way you like it. Taste as you go along so you get the perfect amount of dressing.
- Put a piece of toast on each plate and slather with dressing. Top the toast with the burgers and spread a little more dressing on the burger. Top with the lettuce and garnish with parmesan.
- Serve with a knife and fork and dig in!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!