This easy recipe for lemon artichoke shrimp scampi gets cooked on the grill for super simple cooking and clean-up. Full of bright springtime tastes!
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced into quarters
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package artichoke hearts (9 ounces), thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
- Whirl the bread in your food processor until it is chopped into crumbs. Put the oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add the bread crumbs. Stir until they are golden brown and crispy, and set aside.
- Take four sheets of heavy duty foil (or double up eight sheets of regular foil) and divide the shrimp and artichokes among the four pieces of foil. Top with a lemon quarter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, a teeny pinch of red pepper flakes and one tablespoon of butter for each packet. Seal the packets up tight, leaving some air inside so the steam can build up nicely.
- Place the packets on a grill that has been heated to medium high and cook for 10 minutes with the lid down.
- Meantime, mix the zest from the lemon and the cheese into the breadcrumbs.
- Carefully open the packets, slide the shrimp mixture onto plates, sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and serve.
This is lovely just as it is, but it’s also wonderful served over pasta or polenta!