This easy recipe for sheet pan bacon and eggs is a great way to fix breakfast or brunch for a crowd. The sweet potatoes and onions round out this healthy meal.
- 1 eight ounce package bacon (see note)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 4 eggs
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate the bacon and arrange it in any design you like on the baking sheet. Sprinkle on the diced sweet potato and the onion. Push aside the ingredients so that you have a little space for each egg.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the sweet potato is tender. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Carefully crack an egg into each of those little spaces you made and return the baking sheet to the oven to cook the eggs. I like my eggs soft set so I cook them for about 5 minutes – leave them in for a little more if you like them firmer.
- Divide the bacon, eggs and veggies among plates, sprinkle with salt and pepper and parsley and serve.
For you Whole 30 folks out there, use sugar-free bacon for this one. Applegate Farms makes a great one – I’ve found it at Fresh Market.