This easy and elegant recipe for seared scallops with tomato cream sauce is fully of the rich flavors of seafood and vegetables, all in a dreamy light sauce. A perfect company dinner!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 chopped plum tomatoes
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound large sea scallops (ask for dry scallops)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook linguine according to package directions in heavily salted water, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, put wine and shallots in a medium skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and butter, stirring until butter melts. Add tomato with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Add linguine, toss, turn off the heat and cover the pan to keep warm while you cook the scallops.
- Add the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over high heat. Pat scallops dry and and to the pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side, without moving them so you get a nice sear.
- Add scallops to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Divide among plates and garnish with parsley.