- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (see note)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay spice
- 4 boneless cod filets, about 4 ounces each and about 1 inch thick
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Slice lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with not-stick foil or a silicone mat.
- Put nuts in food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Mix the nuts with the bread crumbs and the the Old Bay seasoning.
- Place the cod filets on the baking sheet and brush the sides and the top with the beaten egg. Press the nut mixture onto the cod.
- Roast for 15 minutes and then remove to plates. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges and serve.
You can either use panko bread crumbs (for a crunchier texture) or fresh bread crumbs (for a softer texture). Whirling one slice of bread in the food processor should give you the right amount of crumbs.