- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into slices
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon each of dried sage, oregano and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in the slow cooker. Add a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and stir.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred into bite-sized pieces and set aside,
- Remove 2 cups of the soup, puree in the blender and return to the slow cooker (or use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup right in the slow cooker) – this makes it nice and creamy.
- Add the shredded chicken, taste and add more salt and pepper if needed and serve!