- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 nine ounce packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and saute the garlic until softened. Add the shrimp and red pepper and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Scoop everything into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the olive oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and saute for two minutes over medium high heat. Add the artichoke hearts and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and tarragon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the seafood mixture into a broiler-safe baking dish that will hold it in one layer. Spread the artichoke “crust” mixture over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Pre-heat the broiler and broil the pot pie until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t get too brown. Serve at once.