Looking for the best granola recipe ever? You’ve found it! Get ready for a delicious breakfast and for your kitchen to smell heavenly.
- 3 cups oatmeal (the regular old-fashioned kind, not quick cooking or steel-cut)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 and line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all oatmeal, nuts, coconut, pepitas/sunflower seeds, wheat germ and sesame seeds together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together molasses, honey, brown sugar, water, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour the molasses mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir until well combined. Pour the granola into the roasting pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Place a dishtowel on the counter and lay a couple sheets of wax paper on top. Pour the hot baked granola on to the wax paper and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.