This easy recipe for creamy tomato meatball soup is not only a snap to make, it’s also Whole 30 compliant for those of you who are Whole 30-ing!
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes in their juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, tomatoes and coconut milk to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into the onion pot.
- Combine meat, egg and spices and form into tiny meatballs – no more than an inch wide and smaller if you can manage it. It’s going to look like way too many meatballs for the soup, but I promise it will be fine!
- Bring the soup to a simmer, and then gently drop in the meatballs. Simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed and serve, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.