- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs (see note)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat over to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Make four 1 inch slits in each round of bacon – at the top, bottom and both sides. (This will help them stay in the muffin tins without popping out). Press them into the muffin tin openings.
- Crack an egg into each bacon cup and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bread crumbs. Shake on a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake until set, about 10 minutes for soft set and 15 minutes for more well done eggs.
- Run a knife around the edge of each muffin and remove with a small spatula and serve!
The easiest and most delicious way to make bread crumbs is to whirl a slice of bread in your food processor, then toast with a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt in a small skillet over medium high heat. Stir the whole time to make sure they don’t get too brown!