- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 eight ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Place the beef cubes and the flour in a plastic ziplock bag. Shake until the beef is coated. Place the beef in the Instant Pot, discarding any excess flour.
- Add all remaining ingredients except parsley to the Instant Pot and give it all a stir.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on and close, and switch the pressure release to the sealed position. Push the Stew/Meat button. Your Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes or so to build up pressure, then it will cook the stew for 35 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is over, let the stew rest in the pot for 10 minutes without turning it off. Now carefully switch the pressure release to the venting position (I do this with an oven mitt so none of the steam has a chance of getting on my hands.) Let the steam release until the red float button drops down.
- Open the lid, give everything another stir and ladle the stew into bowls, scattering some chopped parsley on top.