- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 three ounce packages ramen noodles (toss out the flavor packet)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes a side.
- Add scallions, ginger, chicken broth and soy sauce to the pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add noodles to the simmering broth and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and baby spinach and simmer until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper – you can also add a little more soy sauce if you like.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.