Everyone’s favorite soup is even easier with this recipe for slow cooker chicken noodle soup. Can you say soup comfort food?
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 8 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- 2 cups thin noodles (see note)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients except for noodles, parsley and salt and pepper into a large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Take out the chicken and shred it into pieces.
- While you are shredding the chicken, pour the noodles into the slow cooker, give the soup a stir and cook for another 15 minutes on high or until noodles are done. Stir the shredded chicken back in.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley and serve!
The thin noodles will almost melt into the soup, giving it a thicker texture. If you want more “distinct” noodles, you can use elbow noodles or bow-ties. Either cook them separately and stir them in, or add them after the soup is done and cook on high for another 15-20 minutes or until done.