This easy recipe for cottage hand pies is your favorite beef cottage pie but in a fun to eat hand pie. Bet you can’t eat just one of these meat pies!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup four
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can of 12 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook until browned. Add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Separate the biscuits into rounds and roll them out flat. Put a generous spoonful of meat in the center of each one and fold them in half, pressing the edges together with a fork. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat and brush with egg.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool and serve.