This creamy dreamy recipe for chicken artichoke soup is full of chicken and vegetables and not one single drop of cream. It’s blender soup magic!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 leeks, rinsed well and chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 nine ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- Juice from one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Put the olive oil in a heavy deep pot over medium high heat and saute the leeks until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, potatoes, artichoke hearts, chicken broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Cover the pot, turn the heat down to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until smooth (you may need to do this in batches), or if you have an immersion blender you can puree it right in the pot.
- Reheat the soup and add the salt, tasting and adding more as needed. Stir in the chicken and simmer until heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.