This easy recipe for carrot feta bisque is everything you want a soup to be – creamy, dreamy, cheesy and a snap to make. A perfect fall lunch!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots (either baby carrots, or regular carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth (you can substitute vegetable broth if you like)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large deep pot over medium high heat. Add carrots, and onion and cook until onion starts to soften a little, about five minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until carrots are nice and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Blend the soup in your blender until smooth – you may have to do this in batches – and return to pot. If you have an immersion blender, you can blend it right in the pot!
- Stir in cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm over medium heat until hot.
- Ladle into bowls and top with feta cheese.