- 4 tablespoons grainy or Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds hanger steak
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes
- 4 beets, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- Combine mustard, garlic, lemon juice and zest and 2 tablespoons olive oil and rub it over the steak. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Toss butternut cubes with the rest of the olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Turn grill on to highest setting and grill the steak for 1-2 minutes per side for rare to medium rare (or longer if you like your steak more well done). Let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak against the grain into slices. Gently stir squash and beets with dressing until lightly coated. Add pumpkin seeds (if using) and stir again.
- Divide squash mixture among plates, top with steak slices and serve.