- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper and coarse salt
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 ounces penne or other short pasta, cooked according to the package directions
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the tomatoes in a single layer. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until soft, about 20 minutes.Set aside to cool.
- Toss the pasta with a little more olive oil and divide among bowls. Spoon some the ricotta over each serving and top with some of the tomatoes and thyme sprigs. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with lemon zest and a grinding of pepper and serve!