- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed (about 8–10 spears)
- 3–4 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add asparagus and carrots. Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Put chicken and flour in a zippered bag with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Close and shake until chicken is coated.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy deep skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side (chicken should measure 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet along with the wine and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the tomato paste, followed by the cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, and finish by whisking in any juices from the plate where the chicken is resting. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate, surrounded by veggies. Ladle a generous amount of sauce on each plate, and the dinner party is ready!