This easy recipe for carrot leek mustard tart is a light and lovely spin on quiche, full of veggies with a zingy mustard flavor. Perfect for brunch!
- Pie crust dough, enough for one crust
- 1–2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 leek, rinsed well and cut into 2 inch strips (white and light green sections only)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Fresh ground pepper
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9 inch tart pan or pie plate with cooking spray and press the crust into it. Fill the crust with pie weights (see note) and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, fill a medium sized pot with water, bring to a boil and add the carrots and leeks. Simmer until the carrots are just starting to get tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk the eggs, sour cream and mustards together and pour into the baked crust. Scatter the carrots and leeks on top and grind some fresh pepper over all. Bake until the filling is set, about 30 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, and then cut into wedges. Drizzle with honey and serve!
If you don’t have official pie weights, dried beans work just as well!