This easy recipe for aglio e olio, otherwise known as pasta with lots of garlic and olive oil, is the perfect supper for busy nights!
- Sea salt
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you are feeling spicy)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Right before you drain it, scoop out a cup of pasta water and save.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large deep skillet, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges. Add the red pepper and stir. Slowly pour in the pasta water and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the pasta to the garlic sauce and toss. Add the cheese and parsley and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide among plates, sprinkling with a little more cheese.