This easy recipe for potato chip crab cakes ditches the usual bread crumb filler for the deliciousness of everyone’s favorite snack!
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, separated into thick flakes
- 3 cups potato chips (any variety!)
- 1/3 cup tartar sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- One lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Put the chips into a zippered plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs (I use a rolling pin to do this, but whatever potato chip crushing method works best for you is fine!
- Pour the crushed chips into a bowl and add the crab, tartar sauce, mustard, Old Bay and egg. Stir it all up until everything is combined.
- Form the crab mixture into 8 thick patties, packing them as tightly as you can. Place them on the baking sheet and drizzle each patty with a little olive oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve at once with lemon wedges on the side (we like ours with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce!)