Grab some bacon, tomatoes, cheese and basil and you are all set to make the wonder that is this summertime bacon caprese salad recipe!
- 8 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 2–3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces burrata or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in pan.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter or individual plates. Tear the cheese into bite sized pieces, tucking the pieces in and around the tomatoes. Scatter the cooked bacon and basil leaves on top (if your basil leaves are large, give them a quick chop).
- Pour the bacon drippings into a small jar and add the oil and vinegar. Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and serve!