- 4 heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite burger toppings (mayo, lettuce, pickle, etc!)
- Cut a 1 inch slice off the top and bottom of each tomato and place on a paper towel to drain a little. Save the middle to use in something else (chop them up for salads, etc.)
- Toss the beef with a little salt and pepper and form into patties. Heat a griddle or pan to high and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare (longer if you like your burgers well done.
- Spread the tomato slice tops and bottoms with mayo and/or other toppings. Place a burger on each tomato bun bottom, and cover with tomato tops.
- Take a big bite, and have napkins ready – these are juicy!