- 1 cup white wine
- 3 pounds littleneck clams
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bring wine to a boil in a large pot or deep skillet. Add clams, cover and cook until clams are open, about 3-4 minutes. Discard any unopened clams, and remove the meat from the shells. Keep the cooking liquid from the pot.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it liberally. Add the broccoli and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Scoop out the broccoli with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl, keeping the water at a boil.
- Add pasta to the water and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, reheat the wine liquid in the pot where you cooked the clams and add the butter, simmering until the butter is melted.
- Add pasta and brocolli to the pot and toss until coated. Stir in parsley, red pepper and the clam meat..
- Divide among plates, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.