- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces skirt or hangar steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook bacon in a large deep skillet over medium high heat until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Raise heat to high and add steak, cooking for 1-2 minutes per side depending on thickness for medium rare. Remove steak and let it rest while you cook the spinach.
- Add butter to skillet and saute spinach until wilted. Stir in balsamic vinegar and toss until mixed in.
- Slice steak. Divide spinach between two plates, top with steak, bacon and blue cheese and serve!